Ivan Mitev is a tax attorney at the New York City office of the law firm of Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP. Mr. Mitev is the founder of fund-taxation.com and the author of The Private Equity and Venture Capital Tax Manual. He is a graduate of the Tax LL.M program at the University of Miami. Mr. Mitev focuses primarily on the domestic and international aspects of private equity taxation, and the formation, recapitalization, merger, sale, and liquidation of partnerships and LLCs. The nature and type of transactions that Ivan has worked on range from small acquisitions of several million dollars to large partnership reorganizations of over half billion dollars, and have spanned geographically from Canada, to Eastern Europe, to Latin America.
- Author of “The Private Equity and Venture Capital Tax Manual” ABA Publishing (June 2011). The book could be purchased here.
- Co-Author of “Drafting Partnership and LLC Agreements: Tax Boilerplate, Allocation, and Liquidation Provisions,” published by Matthew Bender, ISBN: 978-1-4224-7699-4. The book could be purchased here.
- Co-Author of “Tax Smart Techniques for Russian Citizens,” 43 Tax Notes Int’l 747 (Aug. 28, 2006)
- Co-Author of “And Down the Stretch They Come: An Agreed-On Carried Interest Provision Emerges as Congress Moves to a Vote on Extenders,” LexisNexis (May 2010) available here
- Podcast: “Ivan Mitev and Matthew Kaden of Boies, Schiller & Flexner on partnership and limited liability company agreement drafting and Treasury Regulation 1.704(b) provisions impacting agreement language” available here
- Podcast: “FATCA’s Application to Investment Funds” available here
Memberships and Affiliations
- Florida Bar
- NY Bar
- ABA Tax Section
- Wall Street Tax Association